“Rabbit’s clever,’ said Pooh thoughtfully.
‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Rabbit’s clever.’
‘And he has Brain.’
‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘Rabbit has a brain.’
There was a long silence.
‘I suppose,’ said Pooh, ‘that’s why he is always doing things alone.” (adopted from Winnie the Pooh)
What is it that sets your soul on fire?
You may have this strong belief that you have what it takes to make your ideas and dreams come true. You probably know that; it will work out and that you are the best at it.
For the big idea to work you need people to support you. After all you are the vision carrier and as such you need people to help your vision materialise. You need people to help you with the necessary resources, such as capital, mentorship, labor or just a simple encouraging word to help you propel forward.
You are so excited that you seek everyone that you know with a bid to getting the help that you need. Your expectations are extremely high, you know without any shadow of doubt that they will buy into your idea.
You are faced with rejection. The people you thought will help you, do not see the big picture as you see it. In fact, they do not see it all. No help comes your way. To make matters worse, they tell you that your idea will not work, that you will fail and that it will be a waste of time.
True, when you take a long look at what you must work with, you realise that they could be right.
Doubt creeps in and you start questioning the very existence of your being.
What do you want to do?
Here is what I say.
Congratulations! Now you have an audience. It is time to play!
They are obviously watching with snorted noses waiting for you to fail.
Show time! Do not disappoint; It is time to walk alone.
Walking alone is a particularly good thing. You know why?
- It is your idea; nobody knows it better than you.
- If you do not do it, one day you will regret having not made the decision to.
- The best part is, there are no restrictions of anyone’s opinion to hinder you.
- What about resources? You say, “I don’t have any” Great that is the beauty of it all. You must consider how much fire is burning inside of you and how badly you want to let it out.
I always ask my mentees, “What is in your hands”?
Look critically at what you have. Do not ignore any small thing. Use that at hand without shame. Then build progressively.
- When you start working on your idea, the right people will meet you along the way. When you are in search of something so bad, the universe will conspire with everything it has to give it to you.
Understand, it might not be immediate, but it will come.
- It takes brevity to move forward against all odds. Understand, you are your own encourager and cheerleader.
Anyone who has made it in life will surely tell you that it was never easy. Quitting is not an option for you.
You must see your future as a success of what you want, then come back to the present and go through the struggle to achieve it.
You owe it to yourself to start walking alone. The others will catch up along the way.
“The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.”
—PigletAdopted from Winnie the Pooh
Watch out for our Next Post we will talk about “The power of asking”.
One thought on “Time to Play!”
True!!! As you start walking things fall into place naturally!!